Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Process asparagus stalks in a food processor until finely chopped. Place into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 mins. Allow to cool slightly before spooning asparagus into a clean muslin cloth (or Chux) and tightly wring out any excess water (discard liquid).
Place squeezed asparagus into a bowl with mozzarella, parmesan, rosemary and eggs. Season generously then mix well. Spoon mixture onto backing tray, flattening out to a large circle shape around 25cm in diameter. Bake for 20 mins.
Remove from the oven and carefully spread refried beans over the top, then sprinkle with haloumi. Bake for a further 10 mins.
Top with guacamole, a generous handful of The Wholesome Food Company Fabulous Falafel Chips and fresh herbs to serve.
Nutritional values quoted are averages per serve.
Serving size – 500g.
- 500g asparagus, woody ends snapped off and discarded
- 60g grated mozzarella cheese
- 30g dried, grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g refried beans
- 100g haloumi, coarsely grated
- Store-bought guacamole, to serve
- The Wholesome Food Company Fabulous Falafel Chips, to serve
- Fresh herbs (we used basil, coriander, parsley and oregano), to serve